Saturday, December 26, 2015

Laurel Caverns

Ms. Lillian Cale, Laurel Caverns
PO Box 62
Hopwood, PA  15445
Dear Ms. Cale,
It has recently come to my attention that Laurel Caverns values customer feedback, so I thought I would write regarding my recent visit.  First of all, I have visited the caves before as a child, and as a teacher taking a class full of kids on a field trip there.  They were great experiences.  I loved the tour and the cave mini golf.
A few weeks ago, I wanted to take my girlfriend down to the caves to show her around.  We were both very excited to visit Laurel Caverns again, and especially together.  Somehow we both missed the fact that the caves were closed for bat season, and we ended up not only making the hour and a half drive just to find out we couldn't get in, we alson got stuck in the snow on the unmaintained driveway and ended up having to call AAA, waiting for an hour to be towed out.  Several passersby did offer to help, to no avail.  
Now, I am by no means suggesting that the Laurel Caverns website does not state that the cave is closed for bat season.  It does.  And when we looked at it again when we got back, we found it on there.  I'm just saying, perhaps there is a way to make this fact more prominent.  I'd swear somewhere it says "open year round."  I think my eyes stopped looking after that phrase.  Obviously, we were disappointed to miss out on the experience.  We intend to make the trip once the cave does open and very much look forward to the visit.  
Thank you for listening, and have a nice day!
Sincerely,

No comments: