Friday, August 26, 2011

McDonalds

Friday, August 26, 2011
Mr. Jim Skinner, Chief Executive Officer
McDonald’s Corporation
2111 McDonald’s Drive
Oak Brook, Illinois 60523

Dear Mr. Skinner,

I have been a long-time patron of McDonald’s restaurants and am generally pleased with the service and food that I receive there. Most recently, I would like to applaud the addition of the oatmeal breakfast item, which I frequently find myself ordering. Unfortunately, not all of your locations are as exemplary as the next. One such location is the one on West Liberty Avenue in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

While the food at the West Liberty McDonald’s is of standard Mickey D’s caliber, it takes so long to get it that it can hardly be labeled fast food. Any time of the day, whether it be 12:30 a.m. at the 24 hour drive through or otherwise, it takes the patience of a saint to wait to place an order, and this is with very few patrons in front of me. This evening, there were two cars in line, and I still had to throw up my hands in exasperation and turn around.

One could literally go to the supermarket, purchase the necessary ingredients, return home and prepare a similar sandwich in the amount of time that it takes to purchase one at this location. Now, I couldn’t do it at the dollar menu cost, but I had to forfeit that luxury when pulling away tonight regardless. It is heartbreaking that such an excellent franchise has fallen into such disarray, and this in a recently-remodeled location, no less. I can only continue to vote with my feet when the service is this obscenely poor, and hope that it makes a difference.

At times when I’ve sent letters to various companies, they’ve responded by sending me gift cards and things of that nature. I’d like you to know, this is not my objective. After all, the food wouldn’t be free if it took 20 minutes of my time to receive it. I ask that you only take these concerns under advisement when looking at ways to speed up the process.

Thank you for your time,

Sincerely,

No comments: