Monday, November 9, 2015

McDonald's (Written on behalf of a friend)

Steve Easterbrook, CEO
McDonald's Corporation
2111 McDonald's Dr.
Oak Brook, IL 60523

Dear Mr. Easterbrook,

I am writing to express my dissatisfaction with my recent experience at the McDonald’s restaurant in Duquesne, PA.

When receiving my order at the drive-through, I checked my bag to see if the ketchup that I had requested was there. It was not, so I simply asked the woman at the window if I could have a few packets. She proceeded to argue with me, insisting that she had given me the packets. I found this confrontation to be uncalled for and upsetting. Ultimately, I left McDonald’s with no ketchup packets whatsoever.

Typically I am a huge fan of McDonald’s, so it is with regret that I have to write this letter. I seriously hope McDonald’s has a higher expectation of customer service than this. Why an employee would need to hector anyone over a matter of a few ketchup packets is beyond me. I hope this is an example of an employee doing the wrong thing rather than a symptom of corporate nickel-and-diming spoiling a one-great company. I’ve heard of BYOB, but I don’t think you want to be the originator of ‘bring your own condiments’.

I will likely visit McDonald’s again, but I will do so with a bad taste in my mouth from this experience.

Sincerely,

No comments: