Tuesday, January 14, 2014

ChaCha Search Inc

Mr. Scott A. Jones, CEO
ChaCha Search, Inc.
14550 Clay Terrace Boulevard
Suite 130
Carmel, IN 46032

1/14/14

Dear Mr. Jones,

I am a long-time ChaCha user and fan. I have frequently used the service to answer questions while out and about and have been relatively pleased with the results. It is with regret that I must inform you I will be able to use the service no longer.

A few weeks ago, I attempted to text the ChaCha 242-242 number. I was presented with a reply indicating that ChaCha would be discontinuing its text-based service, and that I could continue using the service via the website only. Now, I do not have the Internet on my phone. If I did, I would not need ChaCha because I would have access to Google and a number of other resources.

It struck me as bizarre that ChaCha would choose to discontinue service to those who have no alternative but to use it, and to instead to cater to those who have a host of other options that are just as quick and easy to use, and are far more thorough. I find this circumstance very unfortunate. I am sure ChaCha’s leadership chose to go in this direction for a reason. I am sure it was a good one. However, for me, it has rendered ChaCha virtually useless.

At this point, I have no intention of upgrading to a smart phone, but should ChaCha choose to branch out into other areas, I will certainly remain open, as I have always been pleased with my past experiences with the company.

Regretfully,

No comments: