Sunday, January 1, 2012

Citizens Bank

Ms. Ellen Alemany
Chairman and CEO, Citizens Financial Group
One Citizens Plaza
Providence, Rhode Island 02903

Monday, January 16, 2012

Dear Ms. Alemany,

Several months ago, I wrote a letter highlighting my disgust with the bank’s decision to stop sending paper statements as a standard business practice, instead charging $36.00 a year to print and mail 12 sheets of paper. I believed that the bank was using “Go Green” as a facade to cheat bank patrons and cut financial corners.

Now, disgusted as I may have been, I at least assumed it was because the bank was experiencing some financial concerns and couldn’t afford the cost of printing and mailing if it intended to remain financially viable.

You can imagine my surprise when I learned that the bank had recently printed and mailed tons of "Cash Back, Automatically!" advertisements to its customers. It is a shame that the bank that supposedly can’t afford to send us paper statements, a normal function and service of a bank, can still, on the other hand, afford to solicit its patrons with unwanted junk mail.

Citizens has always been a reliable bank with good customer service. It is unfortunate that it has, of late, seemed to develop a priority problem, and its patrons have taken a clear back seat.

Please share my thoughts with your fellow decision-makers.

Sincerely,

No comments: