Thursday, July 9, 2015

Amazon.com

Jeff Bezos, CEO
Amazon.com InC
410 Terry Ave North
Seattle, WA 98109

Dear Mr. Bezos

I am writing because I would like to see a feature on Amazon.com which would allow me to select who my packages are shipped through. I am tired of coming home to stickers on the door from UPS and FedEx who refuse to leave packages at my apartment building no matter how many slips I sign. It is absurd that they request that I go to pick up a package that I paid to have shipped. They are afraid someone will steal the package and I will complain. Meanwhile, when ordering from others who sell items through Amazon.com, packages typically come through US mail and are received every time without incident. If given the choice, I would chose US mail every time. I know UPS and FedEx have an image of being more speedy and reputable shippers, but in actuality receiving the items is a nuisance almost every single time, unless you are someone who does not work during normal working hours. Mr Bezos, I have been ordering packages through Amazon since 2003. Please offer an option to spare me this UPS/FedEx delivery nightmare. It has come to the point where if I see ‘fulfillment by Amazon’, I move on and select another seller, even if it is more expensive. I know this isn’t what either of us wants.

Thank you.

No comments: